Updated 31st December.
Petworld is open for your pet essentails needs – 7 days a week. However you feel most comfortable shopping – we are here to help you.
You can shop in store, use or Call & Collect service or shop online for our full range of pet products.
We are working to the best of our ability within the strict guidelines to keep our team and customers safe. Thank you for helping us to maintain all the recommended safety guidelines.
There has been a lot of fear and worry recently about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and our hearts go out to all those who’ve been impacted. As pet parents, we understand that you may have questions about how to keep your pets’ needs met while keeping your families safe.
As a pet store we understand you and your pets still need us for food and essentials – we want you to know that we’re working hard to ensure a safe shopping environment. To put our customers more at ease, we want to let you know how we are staying safe in store.
We’re taking many steps to make this happen in the best way possible following government regulations and the guidelines set out by the HSE.
You’re more than welcome to visit us in store, but you’ll be expected to follow our strict in store guidelines. But firstly let’s share with you the steps we’ve taken to ensure we keep our team members safe and protected.
Steps we are taking
All of our employees wear masks or face coverings in store to protect both themselves and our customers.
All store members have been fully trained on cleaning protocol, and are actively following HSE guidelines. Our staff members are cooperating in social distancing. Their breaks and lunches have been separated and they’ve been fully briefed on social distancing guidelines.
We’ve had protective screens placed at our till areas to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. Our till staff using hand sanitizer regularly. They’re also washing their hands with soap and water every hour.
We’re wiping down our phones, counters, keyboards, till and card machines using antibacterial wipes and sprays after every customer and hourly.
Our staff are continuing to maintain the highest cleanliness standards in the store, in line with advice and guidelines for the HSE which they have been briefed about.
Steps we Expect you to Take
The health and well being of our staff members is very important to us. That’s why it’s important if you’re visiting us that you follow these guidelines:
- Masks are mandatory in our pet stores.
- Single Shoppers: Please don’t arrive in groups. We expect 1-2 maximum. We would ask that only one member per family comes to the store to pick up what you need.
- Hand Sanitizing: Upon arrival you’ll be asked to use our sanitation stations and use the products provided.
- Keep a social distance of 2m between yourself and other people in the store.
- We do expect you to be conscious of the amount of products you handle.
- During busy times – please be prepared to queue. Priority will be given to elderly customers when seen in the queue.
- Wash your hands regularly. We can’t stress this enough.
- If you’d like to purchase an animal, you will need to phone and make an appointment.
We are allocating the first shopping hour of every day (9-10am) for our vulnerable shoppers.