We all want the best for our puppy – for them to be happy, healthy and having loads of fun. If you’ve recently adopted a puppy, it’s important to ensure you’re taking proper care of their overall health – a healthy puppy is a happy puppy!
Bring them to the vet
It’s essential that you bring your puppy to the vet for their vaccinations. They usually start a course of vaccinations at a very young age. You should also be keeping up with worming and flea control. A healthy dog is a happy dog!
Exercise them regularly
Your dog should be exercised daily – especially if they’re a puppy. A growing puppy requires a lot of exercise. They’re just bundles of energy at this stage! Here are some of the benefits of exercise:
- Keeps your dog entertained.
- Prevents future behavioural problems.
- Going for walks is an opportunity for your puppy to socialise with other dogs and people.
- Prevents obesity.
- Strengthens the bond with your puppy.
Dogs dental care is important for your dogs health. Dental disease occurs in most dogs so it’s important to clean their teeth regularly. Feeding them dental treats will also help strengthen their teeth. Here are the benefits of taking care of your pets teeth:
- Prevents dental disease from becoming severe.
- Reduces bad breath.
- Helps ease oral pain.
- Prevents tooth loss.
- Improves overall teeth and gum health.
Keep your puppy’s ears clean by giving them a wipe once a week. If there’s any discharge or bad smells coming from their ears, they should see a vet. Benefits of taking care of your puppy’s ears include:
- Prevents discomfort in ears.
- Improves your dogs hearing.
- Removes mites and other pests from the ears.
A growing puppy has growing needs, many of which can be found inside puppy food. Your loveable puppy needs all the care and support possible in their growing years. Nice ‘N’ Natural Pure is a super premium pet food that’s produced and sourced within Ireland. With Nice ‘N’ Natural Pure puppy food, you’re assured of 100% natural dog food packed with goodness, including:
- It’s bursting with healthy fats and oils – great for joint, skin and coat care.
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin for joint support.
- Contains prebiotics and seaweed to help support healthy gut and teeth.
You can read more about Nice ‘N’ Natural Pure puppy food in our blog here.
…and lots of love & affection
Want to know how to raise a healthy puppy? Make sure you show them lots of love, cuddles and affection. They’ll reward you with an amazing bond that can’t be broken!