There has been a lot of fear and worry over the few about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and our hearts go out to all those who have been impacted. As pet parents, we understand that you may have questions about how to keep your pets’ needs met while keeping your families safe. As a pet store we understand you and your pets still need us for food and essentials – we want you to know that we are working hard to ensure a safe shopping environment.
We are taking many steps to make this happen in the best way possible following government regulations and the guidelines set out by the HSE.
You are more than welcome to visit us in store, but you will be expected to follow our strict in store guidelines. But firstly we want to share with you the steps we have taken to ensure we keep out team members safe and protected.
Steps we are taking
All store members have been fully trained on cleaning protocol, and are actively following HSE guidelines. Our staff members are cooperating in social distancing. Their breaks and lunches have been separated and they have been fully briefed on social distancing guidelines.
We are wiping down our phones, counters, keyboards, till and card machines using antibacterial wipes and sprays after every customer and hourly.
Our staff at the tills are wearing protective gloves and using hand sanitizer regularly. Hand washing with soap and water every hour.
Our staff are continuing to maintain the highest cleanliness standards in the store, in line with advice and guidelines for the HSE which they have been briefed about.
Steps we Expect you to Take
The health and well being of our staff members is very important to us. That’s why it’s important if you are visiting us that you follow these guidelines:
- Please do not arrive in groups. We expect 1-2 maximum. We would ask that only one member per family comes to the store to pick up what you need.
- Upon arrival you will be asked to use our sanitation stations and use the products provided.
- Keep a social distance of 2m between yourself and other people in the store.
- At the till you will be expected to follow the directions of the team members, one customer will only be allowed at the till at any one time maintaining the 2m rule at all times
- We would ask that you use card or contactless payment where possible in order to avoid hand-to-hand contact.
- Our staff routinely sanitize surfaces, trolleys, baskets, door handles following HSE guidelines. We do however expect you to do your part and be conscious of the amount of products you handle.
- Cough or sneeze into your bent elbow. Germs will not spread through your clothing. Use tissues and dispose of them immediately in the bins provided.
- Wash your hands regularly. We can not stress this enough.
If you would prefer to self isolate at home and are in need of pet products, you have the option of buying from us online at www.petworlddirtect.ie