“The early detection of problems can play an important role in your small pet’s health”Petworld
Taking care of smaller pets can present its own unique problems. There smaller size alone can make it difficult to spot certain problems that may be more obvious on larger pets. The early detection of problems can play an important role in your small pet’s health, so we have detailed some of the signs that you should look for to ensure you small pet is in good health.
Hair, Skin & Body
- Hay makes up 70 – 80 % of a guinea pig / rabbits diet. This should always be available. Remember, hay that has been walked on is not fresh hay: remove old hay and put in fresh hay.
- Guinea pigs/ rabbits always need a constant supply of water. It needs to be topped up every day. Check a bottle is working by moving the metal ball in the spout with your finger, if no water is coming out give the bottle a little shake and try again. An air bubble should go up through the water.
- Guinea pigs and rabbits should feel warm to touch.
- If you think they do not look right find someone to help straight away!
- Call into your local petworld store and ask our expert staff for some advice about you small animals.